Episode #115: Feel Yourself - Interoception. Connection and the Mind as the Body with Saga Briggs
In this episode, we cover the following:
- “How to Change Your Body” title explained.
- What is Interoception?
- What leads us to disconnection?
- Can we predict our bodies?
- Mental health and body health concepts.
- What is Kama Muta?
- What are other reconnection practices?
- Thoughts on using different psychedelics.
- Decolonizing the body.
- Authenticity as a cure for disembodiment.
- How to develop awareness of your body?
Saga Briggs is a freelance journalist. Her articles on interoception and psychedelics have been published by Scientific American, Aeon+Psyche, and DoubleBlind Magazine. She is a former editor for the MIND European Foundation for Psychedelic Science and former managing editor of InformED, a digital magazine connecting teachers and students with trends in educational psychology. Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she moved to Berlin in 2018 on a gut feeling and continues to move that way.
"How to Change Your Body provides an enlightening discourse on the missing piece of the mind-body relationship — our need for social connection.
Emerging from a written article for the MIND European Foundation for Psychedelic Science, this book combines expert interviews from leading institutions around the world such as Johns Hopkins and Oxford, independent research and lived experience, connecting the dots of three timely themes: interoception, psychedelics, and mental health."
- Saga Briggs - Author of How to Change Your Body: The Science of Interoception and Healing Through Connection to Yourself and Others
- Twitter @SagaMilena
Articles by Saga:
- How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan
- You Must Change your Life by Peter Sloterdijk
- Journalist Emily Underwood on Brain-body connection
- Antonio Damasio on consciousness and bodily feelings
- Interoception researchers Andy Arnold and Karen Dobkins
- Decolonizing the Body by Kelsey Blackwell
- Kama Muta: The Connecting Emotion by Alan Page Fiske
- Dr Ros Watts on psychedelics and connectedness
- Kristina Oldroyd on interoception and childhood development
- Audre Lorde's The Erotic as Power
- Multidimensional Assessment of Interoceptive Awareness
- Episode #108: I feel love: MDMA's new chapter with Rachel Nuwer
- Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.
- Find Radiant Farms on Instagram @weareradiantfarms and on Facebook @RadiantFarmsLLC