Episode #74: Bearing Witness Series - Clergy Sexual Abuse with Sandy Phillips Kirkham
Continuing on to the Bearing Witness series, Listen in as Sandy Phillips Kirkham, author of “Let Me Prey Upon You: Breaking Free from a Minister’s Sexual Abuse.” shares her story of how she was targeted, groomed, and sexually abused by her youth pastor at the age of sixteen. Sandy successfully concealed her abuse for twenty-seven years until a trigger forced her to face the truth. She will talk about what led up to the abuse, the aftermath, and her journey of #healing and giving support to other victims. We hope that her courage and strength inspire you.
In this episode, we cover:
- Sandy's story
- What do #grooming and #gaslighting look like?
- Her #support after leaving the #church
- #Coverup in the Baptist church and their response to the victims #trauma
- How did the women in her church respond to her trauma?
- How can the #healing start and where can victims get support?
- Sandy Kirkham’s book, Let Me Prey Upon You
- Connect with Sandy on Facebook @kirkhamauthor
- Victims, survivors, advocates, and anyone looking to learn more about clergy sexual abuse can use the following resources to learn more about healing and understanding. Visit this link
- Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP)
- Episode #73 - Bearing Witness Series: Religion and the Feminine
- Do you want to share your thoughts on this episode? Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108