Bonus Episode: Lisa Martinez - Honoring Lineage, Integrative Healing and Curanderismo
In this Special Episode for Día de Los Muertos/Day of the Dead, Lisa Martinez will explain the philosophy, rituals, traditional healing, and spiritual path of Curanderismo. She will also discuss how to honor and celebrate our Lineage for Día de Los Muertos.
Lisa Martinez is board-certified Doctor of Natural Medicine, an unlicensed Psychotherapist registered with the State of Colorado and a certified NADA Acu-Detox Specialist who walks the traditional healing and spiritual path of Curanderismo. This path can be described as a multifaceted blend of healing practices from the past and present that include indigenous folk medicine modalities from the Americas. Curanderismo is wholistic in nature as we don’t separate the body, mind and spirit of the people we work with.
Lisa’s family is from Arroyo Seco in Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado areas where curanderismo was and still is an enriching and common way of life. She was born into the traditions of curanderismo gaining a large amount of knowledge from her grandmothers and women in community. They didn’t have a name for the practice, it was just a normal way of life for them. Lisa and her son also apprenticed with a curandera in Colorado as well as others from New Mexico, Mexico, Guatemala and Peru.
In this episode, we cover:
- What is Curanderismo?
- What is the right connection with our ancestors?
- What is Ancestral Elevation?
- What are the 9 Realms teachings?
- Celebrating the life of our Ancestors on Dia de Los Muertos
- What does it mean of "To heal into death"?
- What is Plática and Limpias?
- The community and curandrismo
- Lisa Martinez - Curanderismo practitioner, Doctor of Natural Medicine, and co-owner of Black Mesa Remedios
Personal Instagram @itzpapalotl74
- RitualCravt School - an eclectic community of paths and traditions to guide you with skill and wisdom towards the consciousness of your own transformation, willful intent, and virtues.
- Jane Metcalfe - Founder of Wired magazine and Neo.life.
- Reverence: Creating Ritual in Modern Life book by Christine Marie Mason is available for Pre-Order now at the rosewoman.com or at .xtine.com
- Kaedrich Olsen - Paranormal expert
- Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman and Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman