Episode #42: Body Love with Emme: The Supermodel Catalyst of the Body Positivity Movement
Today’s guest is the definition of confidence. We are thrilled to have the award-winning iconic American supermodel EMME and talk about body image. She is the icon of the Body Positivity movement. She is now a Body Wellness Coach, a trusted voice in the beauty, wellness, inclusive fashion, and news industries, a social reformer, sought-after TV/Radio/Podcast personality, columnist, consultant, author of 5 books, and creative director of her clothing lines.
She is also recognized globally as a lead influencer for positive body image and self-esteem. Nominated twice as People Magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful People” and named by Oprah Magazine as the “Godmother of the full-figured industry”,
In this conversation, we discuss body image, body love, eating healthy, inclusive fashion & fitness, and what are the strategies around it.
In this episode, we cover:
- Who is Emme, her journey, and her achievements
- What is the Body Positivity Movement?
- What is Body Politics?
- How do we understand inclusivity is also appreciating different body sizes, personalities, attitudes and feelings
- How do we establish nourishment and reconnecting with our body physically and spiritually?
- What is the "Fashion Without Limits" training program?
- What are Emme’s current inspirations for her Wellness program?
- EMME - a trusted voice in the beauty, wellness, inclusive fashion and news industries, a social reformer, sought after TV/Radio/Podcast personality, columnist, life coach, consultant, author of 5 books, and creative director of her clothing lines. Follow her Instagram: @theofficialemme
- Emme’s Fashion Without Limits (FWL) with the Syracuse University’s the School of Design’s fashion design program, an initiative she launched to Modernize the Industry in shaping the future of apparel for full-figured women, teaching future fashion designers how to design for all women size 0-24+ , addressing 100 million women not able to buy clothes that fit. Check out more on this course here
- Emme has authored 5 books translated in a variety of languages:
True Beauty- The successful plus-sized model, who stands five-foot-eleven and weighs 180 pounds, shares her success story and offers words of encouragement for women battling to improve body image and self-esteem.
Life’s Little Emergencies - In this frank, practical, and hilarious guide to getting through life's everyday emergencies, Emme is your navigator. Her insider’s eye and priceless connections will help you solve the dilemmas that come your way—no matter what!
What Are You Hungry For - Bold, playful illustrations follow a one-of-a-kind narrator as she hungers for different kinds of treats throughout the day—until she finds the special one that always hits the spot.
Morning has Broken - A Couple's Journey Through Depression
Chicken Soup for The Soul book series: Curvy and Confident: 101 Stories of Loving Yourself and Your Body - Celebrating all the different body types that women have and how we can all be curvy and confident—fit and fabulous within the body types we were issued at birth
- National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA) - is the largest nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting individuals and families affected by eating disorders
- IPCC report: ‘Code red’ for human driven global heating, warns UN chief
- A Certain Age Podcast - hosted by Katy Fogarty - a podcast that celebrates life 50+ in all its sexy, smart, funny, fabulous, weird, sometimes unsettling, yet profoundly liberating glory.
- Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman and Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman