Episode #66: Inspire. Commit. Act. The Art and Heart of Sana Musasama
Today we are honored to have Sana Musasama, a global human rights activist, ceramicist, and mixed media artist. She will share with us excerpts from her life’s work and how that journey as an artist led her to Cambodia to work with women and young girls in #rehabilitation in Phnom Penh, following being forced into the sex industry there.
Sana continues her humanitarian work in Cambodia and coordinates the Apron Project, a cooperative business based on sewing skills.
In this episode, we cover:
- Getting to know Sana
- Thoughts on the difference between teacher, artist, and non-artist
- What does getting insulated mean?
- Sana's journey to Phnom Penh, #Cambodia
- The Apron project and her humanitarian work
- Sana's inspiration for her #ceramic work
- Sana recalls her encounters with young girls who had experience female circumcision
- Thoughts on foot binding
- Her advocacies
- Sana Musasama - Check out her Facebook @sana.musasama and Instagram @sanamusasama
- NSECA - National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts
- Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman and at Tiktok as @therosewoman108