Episode #68: Are You Ageist Against Yourself?
Today, we talk to an internationally recognized expert on ageism, Ashton Applewhite. She is the author of This Chair Rocks: A Manifesto Against Ageism. A co-founder of the Old School Anti-Ageism Clearinghouse, she speaks widely at venues that have included the TED mainstage and the United Nations, and is a leading spokesperson for the emerging movement to raise awareness of ageism and to dismantle it. Let's discover how later life can still be filled with power and #liberation. Tune in to this episode and see below on how to join the book giveaway.
In this episode, we cover:
- Ashton as an #Activist
- How does age impact each individual's self-perception?
- On growing #wiser not older
- Expanding your circle of friends as you age
- #Beauty standards in #Ageism
- Difference between the words: Old and Young
- #Capitalism and #Aging
- choosing your Purpose
- #Intergenerational conflict
- Cutting Loose: Why #Women Who End Their #Marriages Do So Well
- On accepting getting older
- Ashton Applewhite, Author of “This Chair Rocks”, Find her on:
- Anne Lamott’s Epigraph
- Oldschool.info - a clearinghouse of free and carefully vetted resources to educate people about ageism.
- Cutting Loose: Why Women Who End Their Marriages Do So Well by Ashton Applewhite
- Jessica DeFino newsletter - Injury As A Beauty Ideal
- Episode 61: Creating Forever: Life Lessons from Beatrix Ost
- Stewart Brand - President of the Board of Directors of “The Long Now Foundation”
- Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108
Listen, Like, Share & Subscribe on Apple Podcast | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Youtube