Episode #80: Starting the Conversation: Breasts, Body, Art & Acceptance with Artist Arlene Rush
In today's episode, we speak to Arlene Rush, a conceptual multidisciplinary #artist who works on challenging the theories used to classify art. Arlene’s art exists among ideas of a feminist ideology, political engagement, and a strong sense of identity. Her art expands to sculptural objects, installations, photo-base work and mixed media, challenging conventional boundaries assigned to artists.
Tune in to hear about her inspirations behind her artwork, her thoughts on aging and her advocacies for breast cancer through art.
In this episode, we cover:
- Studio in New York
- Her relationship with her artworks
- Artworks explained: “In Waiting”, “Days After” and “Carnival” Series
- Her journey in recovering from breast cancer
- “The Box”, artpiece that launch the “Vaginal” series
- The Process and Understanding Aging
- Arlene Rush - Check out her artworks for sale at the Sensing Woman 2022. Follow her on Instagram @arlenerush and on Facebook @arlene.rush.1
- Burning Man Festival
- We would like to invite you to Sensing Woman 2022, a week-long event that will be held from the 27th of September to the 1st of October at the C24 Gallery in Chelsea, New York City. We will be bringing together groundbreaking artists, provocative speakers, and celebratory experiences with a mission to accelerate equality and liberation for women. This event is founded by Rosebud Woman’s Christine Marie Mason, and with WoArt’s Founder Christina Massey, curator for this event.
- View the complete list of Presenters, Artists, Schedule and Artworks for Sale in Sensing Woman 2022.
- Episode 61: Creating Forever: Life Lessons from Beatrix Ost
- Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.