Episode #86: Sacred Rest: Upleveling through Rest with Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith
In today's episode, Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith joins us to talk about rest. She is a Board-Certified internal medicine physician and work-life integration researcher.
She is the founder of Restorasis, a professional development agency dedicated to restoring wellbeing in the workplace by working with companies that care about their employees and want them to succeed at work as well as at home.
She breaks down the 7 types of rest and how to know when we're getting enough of each. We hope you’ll enjoy some sacred REST and relaxation this holiday weekend!
In this episode, we cover:
- The research on rest
- The 7 types of rest
- The Rest Quiz
- What is the difference between “Sensory overload” and “Sensory rest”?
- Digital Detox Day
- How do we incorporate rest in the middle of you busy life
- How to get Creative rest
- Sandra's books:, Sacred rest and Set free to live free
- Colorful Connections: Creating dialogues about race, privilege, bias, and discrimination
- The Rest Quiz - A FREE Personal Rest Assessment to receive a complimentary rest deficit analysis - learn what type of rest you have been missing.
- Sacred Rest: Recover Your Life, Renew Your Energy, Restore Your Sanity
- Set Free to Live Free
- Colorful Connections: 12 Questions About Race That Open Healthy Conversations
- Meditations by Christine Mason
- THE NINE GIFTS by Christine Marie Mason with Jeff Greenwald, Illustrations by Sammy Kimura
- Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108.