Episode #32: Collective Healing in Women (Part 2 of 3)
Let’s learn more as we continue this special series on Collective Trauma, join Christine as she educates us on women’s sexuality trauma, movements and narratives throughout history that have shamed women in their sexuality and beliefs.
In this episode, we cover:
- Insights on sex, body shame, researches and empowering movements
- Brief background through history in understanding why women are immune to change in so many years
- Understanding the Old and New stories of the “5 groups of leverage points”:
- Changing our Religious Inheritance
- Media representations of female sexual norms
- Sex education
- Medical understanding of women sexuality
- Internalize belief cultural norms
- Learning that change happens in ourselves
- And MORE!
- The Invitation: Daily Love for Your Intimate Self by Christine Marie Mason
- Body Love Course - A six week self-guided inquiry into our relationship with our bodies on Rosewoman.com
- Healing the Maternal Line: Practices for freedom by Christine Marie Mason
- Slut the Play and Slut!: Growing Up Female with a Bad Reputation - book by Leora Tanenbaum
- Shameless - book by Nadia Bolz-Weber
- Nicolle Hodges - a guest on The Rose Woman Pod talks about Sexual Debut: Revisiting the Virginity Story (rebranding virginity)
- Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media - research-based organization working collaboratively within the entertainment industry to create gender balance, foster inclusion and reduce negative stereotyping in family entertainment media
- Miss Representation - a film by Jennifer Siebel Newsom that exposes mainstream media and culture contribute to the under-representation of women in positions of power and influence in America.
- Cindy Gallop - a guest on The Rose Woman Pod talks about real world sex movement “Make Love Not Porn”
- April Davis - a guest on the Rose Woman pod talks about what’s new on sex education
- Real Sex Ed Colorado - Supporting young people on sex education
- ISSWSH - International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health
- AASECT - American Association of Sexuality educators, counselors and therapists
- Pussy: A Reclamation - book by Mama Gena
- Men who takes baths - Nicolle Hodges interviewing men and transforming the culture of masculinity—from the bath
- Vulva Glow - Curating art for female empowerment
- Vagina Museum - Spread knowledge and raise awareness of the gynaecological anatomy and health
- United Nations - One place where the world's nations can gather together, discuss common problems and find shared solutions
- The Rose Woman Podcast - covers sensuality, sexuality, and what we call "holism": living an integrated, happy, present, and powerful life.
- Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman and Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman