Episode #58: Lit Up: Arousal, Orgasm and The Brain with Dr. Nan Wise
In this episode, We interview Dr. Nan Wise, she is a Neuroscientist, Best -Selling Author, Sex Therapist, & Licensed Psychotherapist. She is the author of “Why Good Sex Matters: Understanding the Neuroscience of Pleasure for a Smarter, Happier, and More Purpose-Filled Life.” Dr. Wise has conducted neuroscience research on women’s orgasms. Listen in to learn more about this research and the importance of pleasure, managing emotions, and our brain.
In this episode, we cover:
- How does fMRI analysis work?
- Can all people have orgasms?
- Key findings on the connection between the brain and genitals
- The correlation between relaxation and the perception of safety
- Instrumentation and experimentation in researching sexuality and the brain
- Thoughts on play and sexuality
- Ageism, The choice to become a doctor at midlife
- Dr. Nan Wise - Author of Why Good Sex Matters: Understanding The Neuroscience of Pleasure for a Smarter, Happier and More Purpose-Filled life
- Beverly Whipple - Author of The G Spot: And Other Discoveries about Human Sexuality and one of the earliest Sex researcher
- Stephen W. Porges - Introduced Polyvagal Theory in Psychotherapy
- Ashton Applewhite - Author of This Chair Rocks
- Sandra Leiblum - Sexology researcher