Episode #71: Investable - Women, Capital and Economic Freedom with Amy Millman
Today on the Rose Woman Podcast, your host Christine Mason is joined by the incredible Amy Millman. She's the Managing Partner of StageNext and Founder of SPRINGBOARD ENTERPRISES, their mission is to accelerate the growth of #companies led by women through access to essential #resources. She shares her story on how she started and her vision for #women #entrepreneurs.
She served as President for 21 years, creating and leading the organization and its global programs. She achieved her vision of building a collaborative, global network of investors, industry experts, influencers, and innovators all dedicated to scaling high-growth companies led by women transforming industries in the fields of enterprise technology and life science.
Exit Stage Next is the working title of a #book about the experiences of the 800 #womenentrepreneurs she has worked with as they exit from their companies and move into the next chapter of their entrepreneurial #careers.
In this episode, we cover:
- Facts on venture capital funding
- How did Springboard started 20 years ago and now
- StageNext’s reception
- What is the mindset of a successful founder?
- How does one get around the self-doubt issue?
- New Sectors to look out for
- The Exit Stage
- Amy Millman - Founder of Springboard. Follow her on Twitter @amillman
- Dr. Dana Kanze - TED talk speaker and Research
- Melanie Perkins - Co-Founder and CEO of Canva
- Everlywell - Covid-19 Test Home Kit
- Dr. Mae Jemison - Physician and NASA astronaut, she was the first black woman to travel in space
- Find Rosebud Woman on Instagram as @rosebudwoman, Christine on Instagram as @the.rose.woman, and on Tiktok as @therosewoman108